Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you require a deposit?
- RTO National requires your first and last month’s payment prior to delivery of your building. Your last month payment is held in deposit and applied to your last payment in your contract or payoff amount.
- When do my payments begin?
- Your first payment will be due on the 5th of the month following the delivery of the building. The delivery person will provide you with the first payment coupon and you will receive a payment coupon book in the mail to use for all future payments.
- Can I purchase the storage building after I have entered a Rental Purchase Contract with RTO National?
- You can pay off your contract at any time with no penalties. RTO National applies a discount to your rental agreement based on the term of your rental agreement and the number of payments you have made. Please refer to your Rental Purchase Agreement for details.
- What if something happens and I can no longer pay for my storage building?
- A rental contract is a month to month Rental Purchase Agreement. You can terminate your contract at any time. Just call us and we will schedule a convenient time to retrieve the storage building.
- Do you report to credit agencies?
- Since your Rental Purchase Agreement is a monthly rental contract, we do not report to credit agencies. Credit reports are not requested or reviewed to determine eligibility.
- Do I have to wait for an approval to participate?
- No. We give instant approval with completion of all rental information and receipt of your initial payment with a credit card or check.
- What are my options for making monthly payments?
- We have 4 great ways to make your monthly rental payment: (1) Online at RTONational.com, (2) by phone at , (3) by mailing your coupon to the address found on your coupon book or (4) by calling your account manager at the number found below. If you do not have your account number and would like to pay by phone or online, please email your account manager and they will provide your account number.
- Why purchase a liability damage waiver?
- As part of your rental agreement, you are responsible for completing your rental contract if something happens to your unit. For example, if a tree falls on your unit, it is stolen or burns, you are responsible for fulfilling your contract. The liability damage waiver or LDW covers the remaining amount owed on the unit under these circumstances. You would not own your home or a car without protection, so why do so with your storage building. This is a great way to get the protection you need with no deductible.